Seminar Series 2011
February 14, 2011, Gregory Germino: Splicing Dicing and Smurfs: The ARPKD Story
February 14, 2011, Gregory Germino: Right Here! Right Now! Pursuing Scientific Opportunity in 2011
March 25, 2011, Stefan Somlo: A Genetic Interaction Network of Genes for Human Polycystic Kidney and Liver Diseases.
September 20, 2011
- Gregory Pazour, Ph.D., Associate Professor
"New Roles for an Ancient Organelle: Ciliary Defects Cause Cystic Kidney Disease and Structural Birth Defects"
- Ronald Perrone, M.D.
"The PKD Outcomes Consortium: Developing a Biomarker for PKD Progression"
Annual Johns Hopkins PKD Core Center Meeting (2011)
September 20-21, 2011
Fellow’s Mini Basic Science Journal Club 2011
- Potter CJ, Huang H and Xu T. Drosphila Tsc1 Function with Tsc2 to Antagonize Insulin Signaling in Regulating Cell Growth, Cell Proliferation and Organ Size. Cell 105: 357-68, 2001.
- Woodward OM, Kottgen A, Coresh J, Boerwinkle E, Guggino WB and Kottgen M. Identification of a Urate Transporter, ABCG2, with a common functional polymorphism causing Gout. Proc Natl Acad of Sci 106: 10338-42, 2009.
- Burne MJ, Daniel F, El Ghandour A, Mauiyyedi S, Colvin RB, O’Donnell MP, Rabb H. Identification of the CD4+ T cell as a major pathogenic factor in ischemic acute renal failure. J Clin Invest 108:1283-90,2001.
- Piontek K, Menezes LF, Garcia-Gonzalez MA, Huso DL, Germino GG. A critical developmental switch defines the kinetics of kidney cyst formation after loss of Pkd1. Nat Med. 13:1490-5, 2007.
- Oberleithner H, Guggino W, Giebisch. Mechanism of distal tubular chloride transport in Amphiuma kidney. Am J Physiol. 242: F331-9, 1982.
- Pedchenko V, Bondar O, Fogo AB, Vanacore R, Voziyan P, Kitching AR, Wieslander J, Kashtan C, Borza DB, Neilson EG, Wilson CB, Hudson BG. Molecular architecture of the Goodpasture autoantigen in anti-GBM nephritis. N Engl J Med 363:343-54, 2010.
- Geller DS, Farhi A, Pinkerton N, Fradley M, Moritz M, Spitzer A, Meinke G, Tsai FT, Sigler PB, Lifton RP. Activating mineralocorticoid receptor mutation in hypertension exacerbated by pregnancy. Science 289:119-23, 2000.
Summer Student Program
- Student: Alexandria Broadnax (Dillard University, Leadership Alliance)
Mentor: Deidra Crews, M.D.
Project: Food Insecurity and Chronic Kidney Disease: The Healthy Aging in Neighborhoods of Diversity across the Life Span (HANDLS) Study. Chosen for an oral presentation at the Leadership Alliance National Symposium, 2011.
- Student: Marie Clancey-Rivera (Pontifical Catholic University of Puerto Rico)
Mentor: Terry Watnick, M.D.
Project: Characterizing the lymphatic system in Pkd1 knock out embryos.
- Student: Jennifer Chmura (University of Kentucky
Mentor: William Guggino, Ph.D.
Project: Regulation of Polycystin 1 Cleavage.
- Student: Steven Su (Johns Hopkins University)
Mentor: Takanari Inoue, Ph.D.
Project: "Development of FRET Biosensors for Signaling in Primary Cilia".
- Student: Yun Ji Choi (Cornell University, Leadership Alliance
Mentor: Feng Qian, Ph.D.
Project: Characterization of proteolytic processing of polyductin, the PKHD1 gene product.
Back to current