Application for Pilot and Feasibility Proposals
The Baltimore PKD Research and Clinical Core Center (NIH: P30 DK090868) is soliciting applications for Pilot and Feasibility Proposals.
The Pilot & Feasibility (P&F) Program will provide eligible investigators with support to embark on innovative lines of inquiry related to Polycystic Kidney Disease (PKD). We anticipate that these pilot awards will allow investigators to generate sufficient preliminary data to pursue additional external grant funding (e.g., NIH R01 grant). See eligibility information below.
Funding is available for up to two outstanding proposals per year. Each project will receive funding of up to $40,000 a year. Funding may be considered for a second year upon re-submission of a research application and evaluation of the Year 1 progress report. No more than 10% effort (1.2 calendar months) may be used to support the principal investigator's (PI) salary and fringe. Funds must be budgeted for travel and presentation at the annual PKD Symposium in Baltimore, Maryland.
Eligibility Check List
1. At time of application, do you hold an M.D., Ph.D., D.O., D.V.M., Pharm.D. or equivalent doctoral degree?
If you do not have one of these degrees, then you are not eligible.
2. Are you eligible to apply for federal grants from the National Institute of Health?
If not, then you are not eligible for this grant. Check this link for eligibility: http://grants.nih.gov/grants/grant_basics.htm.
3. At the time of award activation, will you have a faculty or staff appointment or equivalent academic or research position?
If you do not have a faculty appointment or equivalent on or before July 1, 2018, you are not eligible for this grant. Post-Doctoral fellows are NOT eligible to apply.
4. Have you had current or previous NIH Funding as a principal investigator of an RO1 grant or equivalent?
If you have current or previous NIH funding, is this proposed research project a new direction from your existing research? Please explain this in your application.
Letter of Intent - Due April 13, 2018.
Interested applicants should submit an electronic Letter of Intent with the following information:
- Project Title
- Statement of Eligibility
- Specific Aims page that would be submitted for an NIH grant
- Paragraph on future funding prospects for funding by NIDDK
- NIH Style Biosketch
- Other Support (include current & pending support)
Please submit Letter of Intent and any questions to Terry Watnick email@example.com or Karleen Schuhart firstname.lastname@example.org
Proposal - Due June 15, 2018
After reviewing Letters of Intent, invitations to submit a full proposal will be extended to those applicants whose projects have scientific merit and to those applicants that will make the best use of Baltimore PKD Center Cores. Full proposal deadline will be June 15,2018. Awards will commence around September 2018.
Application Instructions Click Here